About this Event
UTC’s Rollins College of Business has a short-term study opportunity in the Balkans for UTC undergraduate and graduate students, any UTC major or program. Participating students will earn three-credit hours for a SPRING 2024 Course, International Business Experience: Doing Business in the Balkans, that includes a 2-week May 2024 study trip to the Balkan countries of Albania, Greece, Kosovo, & North Macedonia. See below for more information about the course, its application deadline, and its upcoming information session.
- Monday, November 27 - 1:00 pm / Zoom
- Wednesday, November 29 - 1:00 pm / Zoom
Spring 2024 International Business Experience Course: Balkans
- 3-credit hour undergraduate (MGT 4950) or graduate course (MGT 5950) with 2-week study trip to the Balkan countries of Albania, Greece, & North Macedonia
- Spring 2024 course with international study trip tentatively scheduled for May 5-19, 2024.
- Scholarship opportunities are available for eligible business students and financial aid also may be able to be used to help pay for the study trip costs.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students of any major. No course prerequisites or foreign language requirement.
- STUDY TRIP ACTIVITIES TO INCLUDE: Business visits, city tours (in Athens, Greece; Meteora, Greece; Skopje, North Macedonia; Tirana, Albania), university visit
- Some highlights of trip:
- Visit to the Acropolis & guided tour of the Acropolis Museum
- Visit to the Delphi site & guided tour of its museum
- Visits to the Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron & The Holy Monastery of Varlaam
- University Visit
- Overnight stay in traditional Albania guesthouse/inn in Valbona, Albania. Includes opportunity for hiking in Albania Alps.
- University Visit
- Course Instructor: Dr. Beni Asllani (native of Albania)
- To be considered for the course, complete and submit an SP24 Balkans Course Application
- For more information email COBInternational@utc.edu or Elizabeth-Bell@utc.edu